10 September 2006
September 11, 2001

Back in July, ( I think it was July...) Dale got an idea on how to pay tribute to the victims of 9/11/01. It doesn't matter how you feel about the war, and everything that comes with it, these people were victims. September 11, 2001 was a strange day for me. My boyfriend at the time, the Marine, was in Arizona for a wedding. I had come home to visit my parents and would be leaving that day to go back "home". I was still asleep and I heard my Dad "yelling" for me to come downstairs. We sat there watching what was going on in complete disbelief. I knew that my boyfriend would "have" to get involved and I was scared. I kept trying to call him, but couldn't get ahold of him. We got a phone call from my Aunt to say that her ex-husband (who I still think of as my Uncle) may or may not have been in the Pentagon.
But today, this post isn't about me. I get to honor one of the heros of that day. And I am so proud to be part of this....
This is Ivan Kyrillos Fairbanks Barbosa. At the age of 30, he was a Broker and Cantor Fitzgerald. He lived in Jersey City, New Jersey.
He always liked big challenges and adventures. His mother described him as a "nervous mother's nightmare. Extreme sports were his preference. Car racing,diving ,parachuting,rafting,waterskiing, snowskiing always got his adrenalin at maximum). And usually he was very successful at all attempts!
Ivan loved to travel and learn new things. He made friends easily wherever he went.
He was married in 1999 when he returned home to Brazil. In December of 1999 he married a woman named Valeria.





6 Comments:
Blogger Raggedy had this to say:

Wonderful Tribute!
Thank you.
These are sad and hard to read....
I am honored to be a part of this project.
Mine is posted also...

The 2996 link is down. I have a new link on my site to view the participants.

Bless you…

 

Blogger kateandjona had this to say:

Thank you for sharing your tribute.

Jonathon's Closet remembers Robert Levine.

 

Blogger Tara had this to say:

A wonderful tribute. Well done.

My tribute to Saranya Srinuan can be found at http://retardedrugrat.wordpress.com

 

Blogger Mark Base had this to say:

Very nicely done. Glad we could all be a part of something so unique and special.

I pay tribute to Theresa "Ginger" Risco. She was quite an amazing and energetic person.

Pay a visit to get to know her.

http://mdabase.blogspot.com

 

Blogger The Wandering Author had this to say:

Excellent tribute. Thank you very much.

 

Blogger Teena had this to say:

Thank you for honouring Ivan.

I participated as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

We're getting a little "crazy"


My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

I want to be a nurse when I grow up. I have an incredible boyfriend from New Jersey.

The WeatherPixie
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger